返回列表 回復 發帖

Milan Lucic of the Edmonton

Milan Lucic of the Edmonton

For nearly a full calendar year Youth Leonard Fournette Jersey ,  Oilers has battled a goal-scoring slump the likes of which he’s never experienced in his 12-year NHL career.Still, he’s figured out how to produce against the Montreal Canadiens.Lucic will try to help the Oilers avoid their fifth straight loss Tuesday night when they meet the Canadiens at Rogers Place.Article continues below ...Lucic has reached the 20-goal mark five times in his career, including a career-best 30 in 2010-11 with the Boston Bruins. After signing a seven-year deal with Edmonton (8-8-1) in 2016, the rugged winger potted 23 goals in his first season in blue and orange.However, he slumped to 10 markers last season, and hasn’t scored since opening night. All told, Lucic has two goals in his last 63 games — and is trying to stay upbeat.“I understand the numbers and the goals and all that type of stuff, but if I focus on my overall game, I feel like it’s been pretty good and if I just stick with it, it’s eventually going to go in,” Lucic said Monday. “Maybe it’s just the year 2018. It’s just been not my year and everything that can bounce the other way has. Just stay with it until 2019 rolls around Brandin Cooks Jersey Elite , maybe.”Facing Montreal (9-5-3) may be the perfect slumpbuster. Lucic has goals in each of his last three matchups with the Canadiens and the 14 career goals against them are his most against any opponent.“(We’ve) got to bring it tomorrow against a team that’s playing really well, really hard, getting contributions from a lot of guys,” Lucic noted.Connor McDavid said Lucic’s contributions go beyond the scoresheet.“It doesn’t matter if he scores at all,” said the Oilers captain, who has one goal in his last six games. “He’s a guy that brings so much to the team, so much in the room. When he’s playing hard, playing mean like he has been, he opens up so much ice.” RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Carolina captain Justin Williams made sure the Hurricanes rebounded from a “dud” of a loss.Williams and Micheal Ferland scored in the game’s first 30 seconds and the Carolina Hurricanes held on for a 2-1 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Sunday.“Listen, winning is a lot more fun Authentic Robert Woods Jersey , isn’t it?” Williams said. “A better attitude, a lot more fun around the dressing room.”The Hurricanes lost 4-1 at home on Saturday night to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Williams didn’t mince words after that loss, the team’s seventh in nine games.“It was a dud,” Williams said on Saturday. “Just call it what it was. A dud. And certainly unacceptable.”Jordan Staal sprung Williams, who cut between Travis Zajac and Taylor Hall to give Carolina a 1-0 lead just 22 seconds in.Eight seconds later, New Jersey defenseman Damon Severson turned the puck over in the neutral zone and Teuvo Teravainen fed Ferland, who sent a one-timer past New Jersey goalie Cory Schneider (20 saves) for a 2-0 lead.Carolina’s two-goal outburst in the first half-minute is the fastest in franchise history and tied for fifth-fastest in NHL history.“It never hurts in the NHL to come up with two goals early and make them chase us,” Staal said.Goalie Curtis McElhinney made it stand up, finishing with 33 saves for Carolina, which improved to 2-1-1 after four games of a six-game homestand.The Devils, who lost in overtime at home on Saturday to the Detroit Red Wings Robert Woods Jersey Elite , cut the deficit in half when Pavel Zacha flipped a backhander past McElhinney at 6:33 in the first.But New Jersey was 0 for 5 on the power play, including three empty chances in the second period.“I thought after the first 30 seconds, we gathered ourselves and played well,” New Jersey coach John Hynes said. “Unfortunately, we couldn’t find a way to put the puck in the net.”New Jersey had a 34 to 25 edge in shots, but could only get one shot by McElhinney. Will Butcher had two great chances to tie the game at 2, one in the second period and another in the final minute of the game, but McElhinney was up to the task.“We had a couple of nice saves when we needed them,” Carolina coach Rod Brind’Amour said.Williams, who scored for the first time since Oct. 13, was happy with how the team responded after Saturday’s loss.“You always want to atone for an average game http://www.jaguarscheapstore.com/leonard-fournette-jersey-cheap , actually well below-average,” Williams said. “I didn’t play great last game and you always want to get back at it. The good news for me was there was another game in less than 24 hours.”Brind’Amour was happy to get a win, only the third in regulation in 11 home games, and how the veteran leaders stepped up.“I thought our best players were our veteran guys,” Brind’Amour said. “We needed a win and they got us one.”But the first-year coach wasn’t pleased with the turnovers or how many chances his team created after the explosive first minute.“There’s a lot to still get better at,” Brind’Amour said. “At the end of the day, we got the win and it was an ugly win and you have to have those.”NOTES: Devils center Nico Hischier was out for the fourth straight game with an upper-body injury. … Ferland’s goal in the first period was his team-leading 10th of the season and third in four games for Carolina. … Schneider, who missed the first eight games with a hip injury, is winless in four starts this season. . The Hurricanes have only been outshot twice this season (at Chicago on Nov. 8) but they are 2-0 in those games.UP NEXTDevils: Host the Montreal Canadiens on Wednesday.Hurricanes: Host the Toronto Maple Leafs on Wednesday.
返回列表 回復 發帖