返回列表 回復 發帖

starting at $23 97

starting at $23 97

Chef Olivier Racicot with the duck magret, using owners Vincent Chatelais (left) and Dominic Laflamme (correct) at Le Quartier G diner on Gilford St. (corner Brbeuf )Wheelchair access: NoAm I ever anxious about this week's restaurant, and if there is one thing this column requires lately, it's something to get enthusiastic about. After a barrage of bad restaurants to review in 2010, I'm just happy   no, make this thrilled   to report on a compelling newcomer. And on top of this, it's a bring your own wine establishment. Take note, restaurant guests, this column's worth saving.
Found on Guilford St. bring your own homemade wine central), Le Quartier Gnral is easy to see from the sidewalk, thanks to it's bright white and ochre colour scheme. Dining tables are bare, blonde solid wood, the menu is found on not one but two chalkboards that are easy to spot on the table, and there's a fireplace about the far side of the room that adds warmth to the relatively minimalist decor. One feature I personally quite like is the open home where I watch not one but two chefs in black jackets plating appetizers. The only downside to an open kitchen is the endless waft regarding cooking smells that pour into the dining room, which is the case here. Still, this sunlit setting cheered me up on your stormy night I been to and the surrounding diners (just about all trs Plateau) provided a encouraged shot of eye candies and heaps of ambiance. Noises level watchers beware, while   decibel wise, this place is right on the websites for.
It came as little big surprise to find out that this establishment, previously Modigliani, is owned by the same team regarding the neighbouring BYOW eatery, La Pgase. Like its sister restaurant, Le Quartier Gnral places the increased local ingredients and the meals here is less upscale cafe and more contemporary Qubcois. Chef Meat Plouffe produces technically strong meal assembled with style. Delivering presentations don't wow so much since entice, and before you even sequence a dish, you'll see countless appealing plates whiz with that you'll know you're in for a deal with.
When the waiter arrives, uncorks your wine, and starts outlining the dishes in detail, you'll also understand you're in good hands. Each of our server,
Dominic, knew every dish down to its accompanying pea absolute or fork  smashed Jerusalem artichokes. The menu requires explanations because main training prices, starting at $23,
have a soup or a salad. Add a dessert for only an extra $6, and you could enjoy a full meal here for between $30 and $40. Considering the quality of ingredients   think Stanstead bunnie, Boileau Venison   that's a steal. But the foodstuff here is so good I'd propose you instead (or as well) opt for one of the $9 appetizers.
A few of the we selected were excellent. First to hit the kitchen table was a crab cake served having red pepper pure. Taller, fat and ideally breaded (fresh without a touch of oil), the cake also scored because doing so was light in feel and assertively seasoned.
Some sort of tartare of cerf du boileau was also pitch perfect, with the raw meat cut into small pieces and blended with just enough tartare mix ins   capers, don't forget the onions, herbs   to enhance the gamey various meats without overwhelming. I also appreciated the verging on gooey consistency in which made it such a pleasure so that you can spread on the accompanying croutons.
To the third starter I chose the particular pan seared foie gras that comes with a $10 nutritional supplement but is worth it. Served having a pure of chioggia beets, the sharp on the outside, pudding like with this report liver was, as my own 5 year old would declare, awesome. Add a swirl associated with pan juices enhanced with a few passion fruit seeds as well as a tuft of arugula sprouts, and you have a dish that merits a container of Sauternes from your cellar. Practical goal saying this is the most leading edge cuisine, but the cooking is usually polished enough to make these types of lovely ingredients shine.
Take the own wine restaurants tend to be shortchanged by the chef and foodie crowd. Yet instead of dissing these individuals, we should celebrate the fact that on restaurants like Quartier Gnral we can get there with some pretty serious vino at hand and the food will not sadden. I relished every sip of my Domaine Guiberteau Saumur 2007 with my duck magret. Paired with the aforementioned pea pure and a few haricots verts, the goose Moncler Jackets Dublin was as pink as the sweet and sour elderberry hot sauce recipe served underneath. The food made with Stanstead rabbit featured some sort of rolled rabbit loin stuffed with chorizo. Roasting and sliced into medallions, this meat was succulent as well as mashed Jerusalem artichokes served underneath added in an earthy element to your mix. Loved it.
The one dish I didn't love ended up being the Boileau deer haunch. With its neat strip of asparagus spears in addition to Puy lentil "risotto" flavoured with foie gras, this chunk of meat looked fantastic. But once sawing through the flesh with the provided Opinel knife, it was shateringly obvious that though it was cooked to the requested scarce, the deer was as thicker and tough as Mike Tyson's neck of the guitar. When Dominic came to clear the platter and noticed half the actual meat was untouched, he asked if everything had been okay. When we told him about the dreadful deer, he said he was sorry and later told us we'd not be charged for it. Wonderful.
Desserts were another rich in what turned out to be a terrific dining. The deeply flavoured delicious chocolate marquise was frothy, light along with, best of all,
intense. I also liked the blueberry topped cheesecake, an existing from La Pgase that has at this point found a home here. Nevertheless my favourite dessert was a simple apple crumble served using a large scoop of vanilla bean ice cream and a squiggle regarding caramel sauce. It has been ages due to the fact I've seen restaurant desserts fade away so quickly.
It has ended up ages since I paid a lot less than $200 for dinner for three. But this supper cost me   get ready for it   $106. At this moment let's not forget I was attributed for the deer so I'll add some $27 for that.

defending.  22

Getty Images  58

and that you're a pressure.  40

000 hectares per year.  30

When you're a kid  18
d
返回列表 回復 發帖